24 Feb Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh – Best Speech Therapist in Patna, Bihar
What’s the earnest desire when embracing your newborn for the very first time? Of course, to hear his/her first cry! Thereafter, you eagerly long for hearing that word ‘ma’ or ‘pa’ from them. Subsequently, your desire deepens and you expect your child to speak a little more to communicate. However, all these desires get replaced with disappointment when your toddler doesn’t achieve those speech milestones. As a result, you start your hunt for speech delay treatment in Patna.
If you’re someone who’s ruining their sleep cycle over all this, then stop it today, as we’ve got your back! Your concern is genuine but panicking about it unnecessarily will bear no fruits.
Thus we through this blog are gonna cater to the issue of speech delay among toddlers, aged 3 to 4 years. Furthermore, we’ll suggest you the best doctor for speech delay treatment in Patna.
However, let’s first understand, what is speech delay in children and its causes.
- 1 Speech Delay in Children
- 2 Signs of Speech Delay in Children: When To Worry?
- 3 What Causes Speech Delay in Child?
- 4 Speech Delay: Diagnosis And Treatment
- 5 Visit Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh: Best Doctor For Speech Delay Treatment in Patna
Speech Delay in Children
Speech delay shouldn’t always be marked with some disorder because the rate at which children grow varies.
However, in some cases, hearing loss or some developmental disorders can cause speech delay in children.
Therefore, to clear all your doubts, we have listed below some of the average milestones, which a 3-year-old toddler generally achieves.
- Use near about 1000 words
- Name identification and calling
- Can form plurals
- Tell a story or repeat a short rhyme
- Can use noun, adjectives, and verbs in sentences
These were some of the speech sounds actively performed by a 3-year-old toddler.
However, some signs indicate a matter of concern. Yes, we mean signs of speech delay.
Signs of Speech Delay in Children: When To Worry?
Below are some of the parameters, failing which might mean that your child has a speech delay. Nevertheless, Dr. Vivek Pratap is the best doctor for speech delay treatment in Patna.
- Age 2: If your child doesn’t use a minimum of 25 words
- Age 2 and a half: Your child doesn’t use a unique two-word phrase or noun-verb combinations
- Age 3: Despite living together, your children fail to refer to things with their names. Moreover, if your child doesn’t use at least 200 words.
General sign: Not able to grasp the learned words.
What Causes Speech Delay in Child?
Below are some of the major causes for speech delay among children:
- Issues with mouth, tongue, or palate: In a situation of tongue-tie, the tongue is attached to the lower part of the mouth, thereby creating difficulty in pronouncing certain sounds.
- Hearing Loss: A toddler facing difficulty in perceiving sound is subsequently prone to have difficulty in forming sounds.
- Lack of stimulation: Lack of interaction, abuse, ignorance, can refrain a child from learning and forming sounds.
- Autism spectrum: Sometimes this disorder can trigger speech delay in children
- Intellectual Distresses: Lack of cognitive growth may also bog down speech delay among children.
However, if the causes exist, so do the treatments. Hence visit Dr. Pratap, the best occupational therapist in Patna.
Speech Delay: Diagnosis And Treatment
The diagnosis varies with the degree of diversity in speech delay issues.
Further, during diagnosis, the child’s mouth, tongue, and palate are examined and based on the results carry out the further evaluation.
Subsequently, the final evaluation is marked with initial treatment. Dr. Pratap is the best speech therapist in Bihar for speech delay treatment in Patna.
Below are some of the possible treatments to cure speech delay in children:
- Speech-language therapy by the best speech therapist in Patna
- Early intervention services
- Occupational therapy, visit Dr. Pratap for best speech therapy in Kankarbagh, Patna
- Applied behavior analysis therapy
Moreover, the treatments also involve parents as they can encourage their child best.
Looking for the best doctor for speech delay treatment in Patna? Dr. Vivek Pratap Sing is the best psychiatrist in Patna, who can cater to this issue with utmost care and precision.
Let’s know more about him…
Visit Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh: Best Doctor For Speech Delay Treatment in Patna
What else do you expect from a doctor when looking for speech delay treatment in Patna? Certainly, someone with excellent communication skills, one who is friendly, young, and enthusiastic.
If your answer lies somewhere in between the above-enlisted qualities, then you almost got it!
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh is the best child speech therapist in Patna who holds all such qualities, apart from his brilliant academic portfolio.
He is a young, dynamic, and enthu-driven occupational therapist in Patna, with experience of 9 years in child and adolescent psychiatry.
Dr. Pratap is presently practising at the Pratap Neuro and Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatrist in the PMCH psychiatry department.
Furthermore, he equally extends his service in daycare deaddiction and gives the best speech therapy in Patna.
- MBBS from B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Science
- MD: DY Patil Medical College (psychiatry)
Now, with this, we come to the end of this blog on speech delay treatment in Patna.
The Bottom Line
Your child deserves the best. Be it about hunting down for them, the best costume for fancy dress competition or the best doctor for their treatment.
Most probably, your little munchkin will soon make it upto the speech target. However, if your child shows the earlier discussed signs, it’s time you visit Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh, the best neuropsychiatrist in Patna. He is the best doctor for speech delay treatment in Patna.