17 Aug Drug Abuse vs. Drug Addiction [Symptoms & Risks]
Many people use both the term Drug Abuse vs Drug Addiction interchangeably, both abuse and addiction have different meanings.
Well, it’s also a fact that one can get into drug abuse without getting addicted ot it.
So, let’s understand both the terms precisely.
What is Drug Abuse?
Drug abuse usually refers to the abuse of substances, not necessarily addiction to them.
However, drug abuse often leads to physical dependence or addiction, which is related to overwhelming drug cravings, withdrawal symptoms, etc.
The term is often used to discuss improper use of substances, especially substances that can be used for medical purposes.
Note: If you know someone who is suffering from a severe addiction to drugs, then visit Pratap’s Neuro & Child Psychiatry Center which is the best Deaddiction Center in Patna runs by Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh.
What is Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction is a medical condition. It is a chronic recurrent brain disease that involves compulsive drug seeking and use.
Despite harmful consequences, such as unemployment or legal disputes, this behavior still occurs.
Symptoms of Drug Abuse vs Drug Addiction
Here are some of the common signs and symptoms of Drug Abuse vs Drug Addiction.
Symptoms of Drug Abuse
- Inability to sleep & unusual awake.
- Loss of appetite.
- Hyperactivity & unnecessary talking.
- Irregular heartbeats.
- Sudden change in attitude or personality.
- Excessive need for privacy
- Red & Watery Eyes.
Note: These symptoms can be life-taking. So, if you want to get rid of this stern addiction, then just contact Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh who is the top Neuropsychiatrist in Patna.
Symptoms of Drug Addiction
- Mood changes
- Losing interest in things that once gave happiness
- Changes in energy levels
- Have a strong urge to drugs and prevent any other thoughts.
- As time goes by, more drugs are needed to get the same effect.
- Take more drugs for longer than expected.
- Make sure to keep the drug supply
Risk Factors for Drug Addiction
Although anyone can become addicted to a substance, some people are more likely to do so.
Some people can take a certain substance recreationally while avoiding addiction, while others have difficulty quitting smoking.
The Symptoms Are:
- Family environment risk factors, such as unstable family environment or parent abuse.
- Community risk factors, such as the risk factors of ethnic minorities living in areas with high crime rates and high drug use rates, including discrimination and assimilation problems.
- Constitutional risk factors, such as congenital Behavioral risk factors for defects or physical disabilities, such as stress issues, violence, and resistance to authority.
What is the Prevention for Drug Addiction?
It is difficult to predict whether a person will become addicted to the drugs they are taking.
So the best way to prevent drug addiction is to avoid drug abuse in the first place.
Ideally, you should completely avoid the use of illegal substances and illegal drugs.
At the same time, prescription drugs should be taken exactly as directed by the doctor, and should not be taken more frequently or in higher doses than directed.
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh Provides Best Drug Addiction Treatment
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh who is the top Psychiatrist in Patna provides the best treatment for deaddiction of alcohol & drugs.
Moreover, he is having more than 10 years of experience in this field & giving his best treatments.
He completed his MBBS from WHO listed top college and MD (Psychiatry) from Pune.
Both Drug Abuse vs Drug Addiction can be life-taking.
So, try to stop consuming them, take help from your relatives & doctors.
However, if you have any further queries, just write them in the comment section below.