21 Sep The Prime Tips That Tells You How to Diagnose a Child With Mental Illness
Being a parent, sometimes, it gets very tough to recognize the mental issue of your child. However, this results in the progression of the illness, though…it’s very important for you to understand how to diagnose a child with mental illness…for the wellness of your child.
Childhood Disorders Definition
Childhood Disorder Illness is a kind of disorder that affects the mental stability of the child.
Moreover, most frequently…the disorder starts in the fetus itself & expands till adolescence.
However, for the most part, the disorder of the child is similar to those of adults.
Though, there are also some prominent differences.
Apart from the variation, the mental health in children if it’s not stable…should be recognized at its earliest.
Moreover, if you are strictly concerned about the mental illness of your child, then you must know about the best-rated Child specialist in Patna, Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh…who facilitates the best treatment for children.
Though, before understanding how to diagnose a child with mental illness, you must be aware of the types of mental disorders your child is facing.
Types of Childhood Disorders
According to the professionals, mental disorder among the children is determined the as serious change in the way they behave, react or do regular activities.
Here are some of the Common Types of Disorders through which your child might be suffering.
The Child Mental Disorder List Include:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Tourette Syndrome
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
The Childhood Disorders (Dsm-5 List) Include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder. …
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. …
- Specific Learning Disorder. …
- Intellectual Disability and Mental Retardation. …
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder: A New Childhood Disorder. …
- Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders. …
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders.
Anxiety Disorders in Children
When the child is not able to cope up with the normal fears that usually happens at young age…that not outgrowing of fear is called anxiety disorder.
Some of the Examples Are:
- Feeling afraid, when their parents are away (Separation Anxiety)
- Being extremely afraid of a specific thing or situation, such as dogs, insects, or going to the doctor (phobias)
- Being very afraid of school and other places where there are people (social anxiety)
How to Diagnose A Child With Mental Illness
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh..the finest Child Psychiatrist in Patna….has analyzed some of the mentally disabled children & have given the result about some of the basic signs & Symptoms that can help the parents to understand the botheration of their child.
The Basic Signs of Mental Illness in Infants Are:
- Trying to kill or harm themselves.
- Sudden fear for no reason & having fast breathing.
- Feeling sad or lonely or may be withdrawn.
- Trying to get into a fight with anybody for no reason.
- Getting irritated or triggered even at small points.
- Difficulty in concentrating on tasks and activities.
- Frequent mood swings or changes in behavior.
Risk Factors for Mental Illness in Childhood and Adolescence
Some of the risk factors that are responsible for the illness in child are:
Having a family history of mental illness can be very daunting & one of the most severe risks for developing the illness in the child.
Some traumas like physical or mental abuse or having any severe accident, experiencing some post-traumatic disorder can also lead to mental issues.
Persistent stress can also lead to mental disorders.
Certain environmental factors also play important role in the development of mental illness.
The regular abuse of drugs & alcohol can thoroughly lead to malfunction of the brain & similarly lead to illness like anxiety & depression,
The dysfunctional family & the issue in family-like regular fights, & other issues can also lead a child to mental illness.
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh – The Best Psychiatrist in Patna
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh is indeed the best neuropsychiatrist in Patna providing treatments for children with his level best.
He tries to give the treatment with gentle love & care…& on top of that, he is having over 10 years of experience in this field.
If we talk about his profession, he is best at it…& the patients are absolutely satisfied with his treatments.
Moreover, he has treated many children & they also got recovered from mental issues.
Apart from that, he is surely going to help you how to diagnose a child with mental illness.
Just Give us a call for Consultation…Also…we hope you liked the article, leave your doubts or queries in the comment section.