07 Dec OCD Treatment [Meaning/Causes/Symptoms]
It’s all just rumor that OCD Treatment is not possible… Technically its possible these days and people are getting cured well with this mental disorder… Here in this blog, you will get detailed info on OCD treatment… Moreover you will get info about other stuff associated with OCD disease…
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder characterized by unwanted, intrusive thoughts, images, or urges that trigger intensely distressing feelings. It can happen in people of all age groups walking through any phase of life.
At some point in life, we all have some sort of obsessions or compulsions. It doesn’t mean that we all have OCD. The real OCD meaning is a mental condition where intrusive thoughts are frequent and triggers extreme anxiety that disrupts day-to-day functioning.
OCD is marked by symptoms such as:
- An extreme need for order- In this case, you get stressed when things are out of place.
- Excessive fear of germs- This brings fear in you of germs where you avoid touching things, shaking hands, and hugging people.
- Fear of hurting oneself or other
- Excessive doubt or fear of mistake
- Fear of Embarrassment
- Religious Obsessions. For example, extreme fear of god and too much concern about morality
- Unwanted sexual thoughts
If these obsessions are in the way of your daily function then you must see a neuropsychiatrist.
You Might Refer Reading: Neuropsychiatrist in Patna
Doctors are of opinion that there is not any certain cause of OCD. But the probable cause of OCD lies in the anatomy or history of a person’s life which may include the following:
- A parent, sibling, or child with OCD
- Abnormal physiology of brain
- Any other mental health condition. For instance, depression, anxiety, or tics
- Traumatic Experience
- A history of physical or sexual abuse as a child
However, stress can make the situation worse.
OCD treatment typically enlists medication, psychotherapy, or a combination of the two. Most importantly, the treatment follows certain guidelines.
OCD Treatment Guidelines
A mental disorder needs a proper methodology to be operated for it is the most fragile of all. The guidelines that is followed for OCD treatment is:
- Firstly, detailed assessment of symptoms and extreme behavioral patterns
- Decision on setting for treatment
- Psychoeducation of the patient and family member (s) about OCD, its course and treatment options including duration of treatment
- Choice of cure: CBT vs Drug vs combination (CBT is more preferable than SSRIs).
- Discussion on side-effects is a must to do.
- Lastly, follow-up after the initiation of treatment.
OCD Treatments Include:
- Therapy: The psychotherapy choice for the treatment is exposure and response therapy (ERP) which is a form of CBT. In this, people with OCD are exposed to their obsessions and compulsions to ease anxiety and distress.
Imaginal exposure therapy, cognitive therapy, Habit reversal training are some other OCD therapy techniques.
These therapies are the best fit for both OCD and anxiety treatment.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Brain stimulation therapies with the use of augmented reality.
These treatments aim at changing your thinking patterns that would ultimately control your obsessions and compulsions.
NIHM is supporting research to progress in the field to establish new medication for OCD with technological amalgamation.
Natural treatments include meditation and a better diet plan with foods to cure OCD.
OCD Therapy Techniques
Exposure and response prevention therapy indulge in exposing people with OCD to situations or thoughts that trigger anxiety and resisting the urge to reduce anxiety through compulsions’ engagement.
Imaginal exposure therapy creates a scenario through visualization which gradually desensitizes a being to the feared situation. Further, it moves the process to real-life.
Thirdly, Habit Reversal Training deals with awareness training, positive reinforcement, social support, and relaxation technique. It helps an individual to judge the urges and react accordingly.
These are the therapies that fall into priority with OCD treatment with no side-effects.
OCD Treatment WithoutMedication
The medication has severe impacts on your health. It is better to go with natural treatment first hand.
OCD Treatment without medication include:
- Battling severe moods with good food like nuts, beans, etc.
Keeping your mind in jovial mind can help you with OCD Symptoms. Above all, it has no side-effects.
So, all these tactics can help you out, when it’s about: how to treat OCD on your own.
Foods to Cure OCD
Food control moods.
You should not go for the heavy and cranky meals that make you tired but go for a healthy diet. For instance, you should eat:
- Nuts and seeds
- Protein. For instance, beans, eggs, and meat.
- Complex carbohydrates like fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
In addition, you should avoid beverages for it kicks up the anxiety level.
Mental health is something of the utmost importance. If you are living somewhere in North India or a resident of Bihar and battling with OCD, then you must go through OCD treatment in Patna.
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh is one of the renowned neuropsychiatrists with 8 years of the overall experience. He was an ex-resident at AIIMS. The doctor currently practices in PMCH and provides the best OCD treatment in Patna. He facilitates his patients with best medication for OCD intrusive thoughts.
So, don’t compromise your medical health and without further ado consult Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh who provides the best OCD treatment in Patna.