18 Feb Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh – Best To Go For When OCD Gets Out of Control
“Did I switch off the stove? What if I didn’t? Will I lose my family in this accident? How can I imagine living without them?” And the loops go on. Does this happen to you? Clueless on what to do when OCD gets out of control? Still confused about OCD?
If your answer to all the above-mentioned questions is yes, then you found the right blog! Because we in this blog are going to cater to all such questions about OCD.
What is OCD?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a chronic illness that leads to a continuous chain of negative thoughts. Furthermore, it urges an action over and over again. Therefore, it leads to obsession and compulsion.
So, can it be treated? If yes, how? This blog has an in-depth answer to all such queries.
Let’s begin with what causes OCD to get worse?
What Causes OCD To Get Worse?
Although medical science doesn’t yet have any traces for its definite cause. But some researches show that OCD can get worse due to the following reasons:
- Genetics: If you have 1st degree relative with OCD
- Brain structure and function: Because OCD and frontal cortex structures are interrelated. Patients have a hyperactive neutral circuit between the prefrontal cortex.
- Environment: It can be a result of childhood trauma
‘You are not your thoughts’. Always remember this, and recall when the warning bells ring.
Further, we recommend you visit Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh, the best doctor for OCD treatment in Patna.
You know when OCD gets out of control. However, do you know how to control the same?
Read the points discussed below to know how to get rid of OCD thoughts.
How To Stop OCD Thoughts And Loops?
We know that you wanna avoid it, however, you end up creating vicious loops of thoughts around yourself. They occur when OCD gets out of control
So, how to cut this chain of wrongness?
Below are a few effective ways, following which can help you get out of the OCD loops.
Meditate to eradicate those vicious chains!
- Realising the problem: Understand that those loops are delusional and not taking place in reality.
However, you have to know that it is a problem and it needs to get catered too.
- Shift Your Focus: Regaining over thoughts can be tough. It becomes worse in the case of OCD.
Hence, distraction is key here. As soon as you feel you’re falling into that loop trap, change your mind focus. For instance, get involved in recreational activities, charity, etc.
- Talk It Out: Break the isolation bars by talking to a friend who has positive perspectives and doesn’t ruminate with you.
- Creative Visualization: In short it means, fool your brain, if OCD fools you! Replace your negative ruminating with positive ones.
- Question Your Thoughts: Here the fight is between the ruminations and your conscious mind.
If you start ruminating, put your efforts into layering repetitive thoughts in perspective.
Always advocate your mind in such situations. Making your mind believe the thoughts aren’t accurate may help, because then you know that the thoughts are senseless.
- Know what triggers you: Noting certain things like, time or location, when you ruminate can help you decipher what actually stimulates the whole loop.
Furthermore, try managing those triggers effectively.
- Revise Your Lifestyle: You can do this in 3 steps. Firstly, by being proactive in catering to your issues.
Secondly, setting your own but realistic expectations. And thirdly, fortifying yourself with the support of friends and families.
Now that you know how to overcome OCD intrusive thoughts, let’s deal with how to stop an OCD attack.
How To Stop An OCD Attack?
OCD thoughts are not real but OCD attacks are, and can get intense and worse. Moreover, it may sometimes lead to embarrassment and can pave a way for other ailments too.
Hence, here are a few methods that can be of great help when looking for how to stop OCD attack.
- Breathe 5 for a better life: Try breathing deep for a count of 5, hold it till 5, thereafter exhale the air for the count of 5.
- Backward Counting: Do you face a sudden pettish feeling in your gut because of OCD? Then try counting backward from 100 by 3s. The intervals will keep your focus intact.
- Get Grounded: Hook your mind onto 4 things you see, 3 things you can touch, 2 to smell, and one to taste.
- Ice is Wise: Try rubbing ice packs down your chest and all over, till your heart stops pounding.
- Go For DBT: Directorial Behavioural Therapy is a cognitive therapy that replaces negative thinking with positive thoughts.
Now, let’s discuss foods to cure OCD.
Foods To Cure OCD: Whole Grains, The Holy Grails!
Enlisted below are a few foods that can ease or may help cure OCD.
- Salmon, Tuna Eggs, in short, add every other omega-3 rich foods on your plate
- Low-fat dairy products like cottage cheese, yoghurt or skimmed milk
- Oatmeal, and Whole grains are the holy grails
- Fresh fruits and greens contain vitamin C, beta-calories and are full of flavonoids that can reduce stress. Hence leading to a calmer mind.
- Chamomile tea is key
- Hypoglycemic food that includes raisins, peanut butter, nuts, etc.
- Yes to Dark Chocolates
These foods may reduce your chances of pondering over thoughts like when OCD gets out of control.
Furthermore, it’s always a better decision to undergo a safe treatment.
Therefore, read below to know the best OCD doctor in Patna.
Visit Dr. Vivek Pratap: Best To Go When OCD Gets Out of Control
An issue becomes a disorder if it is repetitive, intense, and chronic, along with underlying medical complications.
Subsequently, it requires examinations and suitable treatment. Ultimately, it means you need an expert for the same.
Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh (Best Neuropsychiatrist in Patna) is the best doctor for OCD treatment in Patna, one should consult when looking for the best OCD treatment.
Presently he is also practising in his very own organisation; Pratap’s Neuro and Child Psychiatry Centre.
So, why Dr. Pratap?
- An expert with 9 years of experience in this field
- Great at communication skills and interaction
- Enthusiastic and
However, the perks don’t end here. Additionally, his treatments are cheap yet effective. Therefore, 100% value for money.
Putting all the pieces together, we walked you through all the important aspects related to OCD.
Indeed, OCD thoughts are not real.
Hence, it’s time you stop stressing yourself, repeatedly over things like whether or not you switched off the stove. Rather visit Dr. Vivek Pratap Singh. Because he is the best doctor for OCD treatment in Patna. Furthermore, he also has solutions to your questions like when OCD gets out of control.